- WHAT IS A PRIVACY STATEMENT
- The www.thebrandpartners.ie website (the “Website“) is operated by Valeo Foods Ireland (“Valeo” “we” or “us”) of Merrywell Industrial Estate, Ballymount, Dublin 22 Ireland. Valeo respects your right to privacy and this Privacy Statement (“Statement“) sets out the basis on which we use, process, store or disclose any personal data detailed below (“Personal Data“) we collect from you or that you provide to us through the Website. The information provided by you will be held by us as a data controller.
- OVERVIEW OF THIS STATEMENT
- YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We will collect and process the following Personal Data from you:
|Device Information||When using the Website or availing of services related to the Website, personal information will be collected from you by Google Analytics and by Valeo. This includes information about:· your device browser including your IP address and other information derived from cookies used on the Website. Please see our Cookies Notice for further information.· Details of your visits to the Website such as traffic data, location data and the resources, advertisements and Linked Websites that you access through the Website.|
- You can choose to provide us with the following Personal Data:
|Query Information||You may choose to give us additional information such as your name, contact details (which may include address, email address, user name, telephone number), gender, user generated content, posts and any other personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when contacting us or submitting enquiries through the Website by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose to provide us with this information, we will keep a record of this correspondence for as long as is necessary to deal with this query (please see our section on How Long We Keep Your Data For for further information).|
|CV Information||You may choose to give us additional information such as your name, gender, address, email address, university education, professional qualifications, previous employment and other details when applying for vacancies advertised on the Website by emailing your CV to email@example.comIf you provide us with this information, we will keep a record of this information for as long as is necessary to deal with your application (please see our section on How Long We Keep Your Personal Data For,for further information.|
4. HOW & WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- The following table details the legal basis for (the “Legal Basis“) and the reasons why (“Purposes“) we process your Personal Data:
|LEGAL BASES & PURPOSES || |
|Legal Basis ||Purpose(s)||Personal Data Processed|
|Legitimate InterestsIt is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests to collect and process these Personal Data for the purposes of improving and monitoring website efficiency and enhancing your use of the Website.It is also necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests to process your Personal Data to respond to any queries or requests submitted by you regarding the Website or to process and respond to CVs and/or job applications submitted by you to Valeo. ||Improving Website Functionality & Efficiency· To provide, improve, test and monitor the effectiveness of the Website· To monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic data and demographic patterns· To ensure the content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.Responding to Queries· To process and respond to any enquiries or requests you submit to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.· To seek your views on the Website and our services.· To provide you with information on services offered by us, our partners or our advertisers which may be of interest to you.Responding to Job ApplicationsTo process and respond to any CVs and/or job applications you submit to us by emailing email@example.com||Device Information|
- WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
- We will disclose your Personal Data to other members of our group which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (the “Valeo Group“).
- We will only disclose your personal information to third parties outside the Valeo Group in the following circumstances:
|Recipient(s)||Legal Basis ||Purpose(s)||Personal Data Disclosed|
|Prospective Sellers of Buyers of Business Assets||It is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate Interests to transfer your Personal Data in circumstances where Valeo (or substantially all of Valeo’s assets) are acquired by a third party. This third party will be bound by this Statement and will be subject to the same data protection obligations as Valeo.||To facilitate the acquisition of Valeo by a third party.· To facilitate the acquisition of a significant portion or substantially all of Valeo’s assets by a third party||Device InformationQuery Information|
|Third Party Companies||It is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests for us to transfer your data to third party companies if you enter into a competition on the Website.||To contact you in relation to competitions advertised on the Website that have been entered into by you including, in particular, if you are successful in any competitions or if you submit queries in relation to the competitions.|
|Regulatory Authorities, Law Enforcement Agencies, Public Bodies and Third Party Companies||It is necessary for the purposes of complying with our legal obligations for us to transfer your Personal Data to these recipients in certain circumstances.||To comply with any applicable legal obligation, court order, summons, search warrants, or any other legal or regulatory obligation or request to which Valeo is subject.·To protect the rights, property or safety of Valeo, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.||Device InformationQuery Information|
6. STORING OF AND TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- The data that we collect from you is stored inside the European Economic Area (“EEA“). We do not transfer your personal data outside the EEA.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers hosted by our internet service provider.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will always do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will endeavour to use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- The Website contains links to other websites (“Linked Websites“). Valeo is not responsible for the privacy statements or practices on the Linked Websites. This Privacy Statement governs only information collected on the Website. When accessing Linked Websites, you should read the privacy statement published on the relevant Linked Website. The terms of our Privacy Statement do not apply to Linked Websites. Please check these statements before you submit any Personal Data to Linked Websites.
- The Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties for your convenience and information only. We accept no liability in connection with any Linked Website, or any contract entered into or through a Linked Website. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of the Linked Websites.
- HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR
In general, we expect to keep your Personal Data for the following periods
|Personal Data ||Retention Period|
|Device Information||Data will be kept for no longer than is necessary for the primary purpose for which it was obtained.|
|Query Information||Data will be kept for no longer than is necessary for the primary purpose for which it was obtained. Some Data that is not otherwise subject to retention for normal reasons may need to be retained because of circumstances such as litigation or government investigation.|
|CV Information||CV information will be retained for a for maximum period of 3 years however the data will be kept for no longer than is necessary for the primary purpose for which it was obtained.|
Please note that in certain circumstances, we may hold your data for a longer period, for example, if we are processing an ongoing claim or believe in good faith that the law or a relevant regulator may reasonably in our view expect or require us to preserve your data.
- YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW TO EXERCISE THEM
- The table below sets out the rights which you have to address any concerns or queries with us about our processing of your Personal Data:
|Right||Further Information |
|Right to be Informed||You have the right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed by us, how we use your Personal Data and your rights in relation to your Personal Data.|
|Right of Access||·You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Data held by us about you and to access the following information in relation to the processing of your Personal Data:(1) the purposes of processing;(2) the categories of Personal Data concerned;(3) the recipients of your Personal Data;(4) the period for which your Personal Data will be stored;(5) the existence of your right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner; and(6) the source of your Personal Data;· We will only charge you for making such an access request where we feel your request is unjustified or excessive.|
|Right to Rectification||You have the right to request that we amend any inaccurate Personal Data that we have about you.|
|Right to Erasure||You have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Data where:(1) it is no longer necessary to perform the contract;(2) you withdraw your consent and there is no other legal basis permitting us to process your Personal Data;(3) you object to the processing and we have no overriding legitimate grounds;(4) your Personal Data have been unlawfully processed; or(5) it must be erased to comply with a legal obligation.· Please note that some of your Personal Data may be required in order for the Website to function properly.|
|Right to Restriction of Processing||You have the right to ask us to restrict processing your Personal Data in the following situations:(1) where you contest the accuracy of your Personal Data;(2) where the processing is unlawful and you do not want us to delete your Personal Data;(3) where we no longer need your Personal Data for the purposes of processing but you require the data in relation to a legal claim; or(4) where you have objected to us processing your Personal Data pending the verification as to whether or not our legitimate interests override your interests or in connection with legal proceedings.· When you exercise this right we may only store your Personal Data.· We may not further process the data unless you consent or the processing is necessary in relation to a legal claim or to protect the rights of another person or legal person or for reasons of important public interest.· Please note that it be may necessary for us to process some of your Personal Data in order to provide the Website services and in certain instances where you ask us not to process your Personal Data you may not be able to use the Website.· We will inform you before the processing restriction is lifted.|
|Right to Data Portability||You may request us to provide you with your Personal Data which you have given us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you may request us to transmit your Personal Data directly to another data controller where this is technically feasible.This right only arises where:(1) we process your Personal Data on the legal bases of your consent or where it is necessary to perform our contract with you; and(2) the processing is carried out by automated means.|
|Right to Object||You have a right to object at any time to the processing of your Personal Data where we process your Personal Data on the legal basis of pursuing our legitimate interests.|
|Right to Object to Automated Decision-Making, including Profiling||You have a right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.· We may not be able to comply with this request where the processing is necessary to enter or perform our contract with you or where you explicitly consent to this. However, you are entitled to have a person from our team to review the decision so that you can query it and set out your point of view to us.|
- You can exercise any of these rights by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will provide you with information on any action taken upon your request in relation to any of these rights without undue delay and at the latest within one month of receiving your request. We may extend this up to 2 months if necessary however we will inform you if this arises.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner with regards to us processing your Personal Data. You can contact the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner as follows:
|Office of the Data Protection CommissionerCanal HouseStation RoadPortarlingtonCounty Laois||Phone:LoCall:Email:Fax:||+353 57 868 4800+353 761 104 8001890 25 22 email@example.com+353 57 868 4757|
- PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR CHILDREN
- The Website is not targeted at children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from any person who is under the age of 13. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a person under the age of 13, we will delete this information as soon as reasonably possible. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- We recommend that children between the ages of 13 and 17 seek their parents or legal guardian’s permission before using the Website or submitting any personal information to us through the Website.
- CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
- If we amend this Statement, in whole or part, any changes will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email or when you use the Website. The new Statement may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept it to continue your use of the Website.
- If at any time we decide to use your Personal Data in a manner significantly different from that stated in this Statement, or otherwise disclosed to you at the time it was collected, we will notify you by e-mail, and you will have a choice as to whether or not we use your Personal Data in the new manner.
- WHO TO CONTACT WITH QUERIES
- Questions, comments and requests regarding this Statement are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com